Monday, June 2, 2008

-Untitled-

I was watching a japanese drama. Like always the japanese managed to make a very interesting story line and touching plots. But what really caught me is their ending theme. So much similar feelings I have in common with the lyrics.

The dreams of that day,
even now I've always been chasing after them,
where am I about now
and what have i accomplished?
Can this key that had rusted out in a sigh, still open the present?
I'm still waiting for the dreams,
I believed in that I threw away,
that day's locker.

Much bluer than now, the gentle sky that could be seen.
What have i forgotten?
What have i remembered?
What have i discovered?
Asking these unanswerable questions,
the sky blurred with white,
the road that i couldn't advance on
continues on here and now.

No matter how many times I lose and make mistakes,
the dream isn't over.
No matter how much is done,
just giving up once would end it all.
A long ascent higher than i can see, is now before my eyes.
If I end up retracing my steps,
only regret awaits me, on the way down.
The heart's cry can't be heard by anyone.
So smile, let your tears fall and let yourself shine!
Look for your individuality,
even if its similar to someone else's.
Something is definitely different,
it can't be heard by anyone but i want to look for it.

Much bluer than now, the gentle sky that could be seen.
What have i forgotten?
What have i remembered?
What have i discovered?
Much bluer than that day, the sky i strongly trust in.
The road that i couldn't advance on, where is it now.

The me on that day,
I'm always waiting for you,
from the bottom of my heart.
Would you listen to me say a little something?
Wouldn't a little rest be nice too?

Song <Aoku Yasashiku> by Kobukuro.
Soundtrack for 'Dream Again'
Translation by Blackrabbit 2999

No comments: