Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday..... Eric

Birthdays are always something.... like an alarm clock... u get reminded that a year has gone by since ur last birthday.. u get shouted at by ur mind about what u have done and achieved the past year. Also, u're given a friendly notice that u've a set of things to achieve, a dozen of targets to reach and... time just went by u again... what have u been doing till now? its like a company's performance appraisal being done...

For example: <-- it means its AN EXAMPLE (not mine)

Found a job...... Checked
Have a car........ Un-Checked
Get organized.... Un-Checked
Treat your friends better.... half- checked

Total: Met expectation lvl 1 (barely pass)

Then the brain will begin to evaluate how u perform.. was it happy with the way u acted, or perform in the past year. Were there regrets, things u cud've avoided, what were ur successes etc etc... ...

So what've u accomplished Eric? I looked at myself thru the mirror at the early morning of 27th May 2008... ... My answer... "I don't know.. everything seemed to blur by... BUT... I promise you, Eric, when u ask me this time next year... i wont disappoint you." the mirror imager snorted and said... " We'll see... talk is cheap anyways..."

On a lighter note, Thank you again.. thank you.. for all ur smses, msges, calls and e-mails... I am really really flattered.. from jokingly unrespectful sms from my lil sis to loving video chats with eddie, from brotherly calls from old unimates to an unexpected birthday song from my colleague... I felt blessed.. yes... there wasnt a GRAND party with red carpets and all.. no bling blings... but all this small gestures... i am touched.. i really am... with it.. i will keep in heart.. when i am down and all.. i will remind myself.. "u have ppl thinking, supporting you... get up, dun rest by ur laurels anymore.. get up!"

Thank you once again! *bows*

p/s: thank u, eddie for the blog u wrote!

No comments: